PEDIATRIC ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT – RENEWAL (1 DAY)
This class is designed to re-certify healthcare professionals as PALS providers and to renew their skill in the areas of cardiac arrest, shock, resuscitation and airway management in infants and children. The lectures, skill stations and test adhere to the guidelines of the American Heart Association
You will NOT be admitted to class without proof of the following:
- Pre registration,
- Pals Textbook (2010) should be obtained and reviewed prior to attending class. Books may be purchased online at https://aha.channing-bete.com, https://www.eworldpoint.com, https://www.amazon.com or https://www.barnesandnoble.com. It is the employee’s responsibility to purchase a book prior to the scheduled class date. The Education Department does not provide books.
- Current (not expired) Pals card
- Completion of the Pre-test, available @ www.heart.org/eccstudent. Click on “Pre-course Assessment” Code word: palsprovider
- Completed Director Approval Form
- $100.00 deposit (Cash or Check) Payable to: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CLARIFICATION OF HPMC REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL MANDATORY CLASSES (e.g. BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, FIRE CLASS) NOT TAKEN AT HPMC: PER THE CBA (Article 18 Section E): HPMC WILL ONLY REIMBURSE STAFF FOR MANDATORY CLASSES IF TAKEN AT THE FACILITY)
Please remember the following:
- The class schedule for Education classes is posted on the website for the entire calendar year.
- It is YOUR responsibility to know when the cards you need for your position expire!!
Safety Training Plus
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Doctors Tower, Level A
- No charge if required by dept/unit. ** (Director signature required).
- Obtain the Director Approval Form from the Education Department (or download it here).
- The Director Approval Form must be submitted prior to the class date. Any forms brought in on the day of the class or after, for submission, will not be accepted.
Using the Calendar found by clicking below, navigate to the date of the class you are signing up for and complete the registration form online. You are required to complete registration at least 2 weeks prior to class date.