Nationally Recognized for Quality Care
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Nationally Recognized for Quality Care.
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is proud to have been nationally recognized with several quality awards.
Our hospital has received the following awards and accreditations:
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospitals – Heart Failure (2020-2021)
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospitals – COPD (2020-2021)
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award (2020)
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery (2020)
- World Health Organization/UNICEF Baby-Friendly Hospital Designation
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospitals – Heart Failure (2019-2020)
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospitals – COPD (2019-2020)
- College of American Pathologists Laboratory Accreditation (2019)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient in Hip Fracture Treatment (2018)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient in Back Surgery (2018)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient in Treatment of Heart Failure (2018)
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2017)
- Healthgrades Labor & Delivery Excellence Award (2017)
- Healthgrades Obstetrics/Gynecology Excellence Award (2017)
- The Joint Commission (TJC) triennial accreditation (2017)
- Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Care Center
- STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) Center – Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services
- State of California Department of Public Health License for General Acute and Skilled Nursing
“We are very proud to be recognized by Healthgrades for our significant quality initiatives,” says Robert Allen, the hospital’s Chief Executive Officer. “We have made a dedicated commitment to improving our quality and level of care and service to our entire community, and we are pleased to be recognized for our efforts.”
Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions. These achievements are part of findings released by Healthgrades and are featured in their 2018 Report to the Nation.
“Consumers place high value on information about hospital quality and use it to evaluate their choices for care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “Hospitals that have achieved recognition for their quality outcomes prove their commitment to their patients and their community at large.”
Patient Safety Excellence Award
The distinction places HPMC among the top 10% of all short-term acute care hospitals reporting patient safety data for its excellent performance as evaluated by Healthgrades. This designation recognizes superior performance in hospitals that have prevented the occurrence of serious, potentially avoidable complications for patients during hospital stays.
Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™
This distinction places HPMC within the top 5% of all hospitals evaluated for the exceptional care of mothers during labor and delivery.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award
Healthgrades 2017 Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award is designed to provide women with reliable, actionable insights to help inform and educate them along their care journey and to ultimately drive better care. When selecting a hospital that has achieved this recognition, consumers can be assured of that hospital’s commitment to high-quality obstetric and gynecological care.
A 5-star rating indicates that HPMC’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected when treating the condition or performing the procedure being evaluated. From 2014-2016, if all hospitals as a group, performed similarly to hospitals receiving 5 stars as a group, on average nearly 220,000 lives could potentially have been saved and more than 164,000 complications could potentially have been avoided.