Each year, patients travel to CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center from other countries to seek care – some for our advanced treatment capabilities and others for the services of our renowned physicians. Every patient at our hospital receives quality medical care delivered with compassion and respect.
We understand the challenges of managing your healthcare in a foreign setting and we are pleased to help facilitate hospital services, including:
- Interpretation services
- Local hotel resources
- Car rental and public transportation information and options
- Chaplaincy services
For more information about to learn more about how we can assist our international patients, please call Patient Relations at 323 644-4402.
For our international patients, a Patient Relations Representative will work with the Admitting Department to help you find your way through financial arrangements.
If you have insurance, the Admitting Department can help:
- Determine whether or not your insurance is accepted at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Help you understand your insurance benefits if CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center accepts your insurance
- Help supply you with billing information so that you can request reimbursement from your insurance company if CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center cannot accept your insurance
- If you do not have insurance or do not have insurance that CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center can accept, the Admitting Department can:
- Help provide an estimate of CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center charges so that you know what to expect, financially
- Help you communicate with the physicians and other healthcare providers to whom you may have financial obligations
Our goal is to help you get answers to your questions so that all the financial matters connected to your stay are coordinated from the beginning to the end of your stay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The information on my Medical Records is not in English; they are in a foreign language. Can you translate them?
A: Your medical records will need to be in English. If a friend or a relative translates your records, please note it on the records. If you prefer, we can recommend translation companies experienced in medical record translation.
Q: I was treated at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center last year and I need to get a copy of my medical records. How can I do that?
A: You may obtain the records from Medical Records. You must give them written authorization for release of information. Call our Medical Records Department at 323-913-4960 for information. A Patient Relations Representative can also help facilitate this.
Q: I am wondering if you can recommend a specialist, the best doctor you have at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center for a particular health problem?
A: We can provide you with our physician referral service – please call 888-522-3455 where you can obtain information on a variety of physicians. You can then contact the physician offices to get information on their practice and determine what physician may be able to address your particular needs.
Q: Can your office write a letter for us so we can apply for a Visa?
A: Please review U.S. Visa requirements at: http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/medical.html for information about obtaining a visa.
Q: I want to see the same doctor that my friend saw last year. Could you please give me that doctor’s name & phone number?
A: We are sorry. Due to patient confidentiality, we are unable to give you the name of your friend’s doctor. If you have the doctor’s name, you may want to contact them directly to discuss your particular needs.
Find a Physician
For a free referral to one of our exceptional physicians, please call Find a Physician at 888.522.3455. You can also search online. Ready to get started?